15. "You have to win every week, He-man, I only have to win once!" = Skeletor
14. Sherlock: People have died.
Moriarty: That's what people DO.
13. "Falling is just like flying except it has a more permanent destination." - Moriarty
12. "You sly dog! You caught me monologuing!" -Syndrome
11. "Ah, how shall I do it? Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives... ...I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say!" - Yzma from the Emperor's New Groove
10. "The world is a mess and I just need to rule it." - Dr. Horrible
9. "I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done." --The Operative from Serenity. (BEST MOVIE EVER.)
8. "Loxley! I'm gonna cut your heart out with a SPOON!" --Sheriff of Nottingham, Robinhood Prince of Thieves
7. "And every last inch of me's covered in hair." --Gaston, Beauty and the Beast
6. "Is he from heaven or from hell?
And does he know
By granting me my life today
This man has killed me even so." -Javert, Les Miserables
5. "You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never to get involved in a land war in Asia, and only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" -Vizzini, The Princess Bride
4. "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph ... because good is dumb." --Spaceballs
3. "If I had a nickel for every time I've been doomed by a puppet, I would have two nickels. That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice." -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
2. "Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit, and I was like 'GOODBYE' and you were like 'NO WAYYY' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great."--GLaDOS, Portal
1. And a personal favorite:
Today's fabulous stops:
Suzy Turner with Canterbury Tales, musicals, and ignorance
Lyndsay Johnson shares an excerpt I label as Temptation and Danger
And be sure to enter the
for your chance to win some amazing prizes!
Eternal optimism below! And guess where he gets it from? That's right! Following the blog tour. Get in on that action and access some of this amazing happiness. (Or wallow in your own misery. It's your choice.)
All of these made me laugh! Number one is my personal favorite, too! Thank you for making my day!ReplyDelete
You are right - these are good. Number 5 is my favorite, but I am partial to The Princess Bride. :) Thanks for starting my morning with a smile. Happy blog touring!ReplyDelete
I adore your classic lines Crystal... I love the movie Robin Hood Prince of Thieves... ;-)ReplyDelete
Shameful, but I haven't seen any of these. However, that video is hilarious!! lolReplyDelete
Reminds me of a cute meme on Facebook yesterday of a T-Rex bent over a bed with it's tiny arms and the caption...if you're having a bad day, just imagine a T-Rex trying to make the bed. :)
The Princess Bride is full of great quotes! Love it! I have to say though, that video might just be my most favorite thing ever. ^_^ I can't stop watching it!ReplyDelete
My most favorite villain quote before meeting the dinasour is from Iron Man 3: "The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse who gets the cheese."
OMG The Portal one. Love that, but now I have that ending song in my head. "This is a triumph!" LOLReplyDelete
Oh my gosh, you cracked me up! I don't know which one is my favorite. I love how the Sheriff' of Nottingham's dimwitted relation asks him to explain, "Why a spoon?" But then, can you really top "Good is dumb?" So many great quotes!ReplyDelete
ahhhh these are great!!! Loved your personal favorite . . . I have a big head and little hands hahahahahaha *Cheesy good* ;)ReplyDelete
Haha! I liked the dinosaur. Definitely not a well-thought-out plan!ReplyDelete
*Big Smiles* Thanks for the great Villain Quotes - they all made me smile, and I especially have a soft spot for the Princess Bride. The dinosaur was adorable as well - lol. Thanks for stopping by Book Swoon and have a great day, Crystal :)ReplyDelete
I really like number 15. It just tickles me pink.ReplyDelete
Had a great time with the quotes! And you had a ton to tickle my funny bones.ReplyDelete
My favorite from the list would have to be the robin hood one. "Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?" "Because it's dull, you twit! It'll hurt more!"... lol loved that line and how when he kills his cousin he tells him at least I didn't use a spoon. I would share one from The Dark Knight by The Joker. "The Joker: Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just... *do* things."ReplyDelete
Matt @ JC's Book Haven.
I felt so sorry for Tiny the Dinosaur. Those are great quotes.ReplyDelete
I'm proud of myself for knowing most of those quotes :) There are a few I didn't recognize ... *off to research*ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh I love this! my oldest and I were just quoting the dinosaur the other day LOL! I love that quote!ReplyDelete
I'm a huge fan of villains. (Thanks for reminding me of some of these I'd forgotten... GLaDOS, Dr. Horrible, Spaceballs... so great!)ReplyDelete
Personally, I love everything Gaston says. :)
I don't know that I have a favorite villain quote, but these are so fun!ReplyDelete
Is that -amazing villain- quotes or amazing -villain quotes-?ReplyDelete
Yeah, I know; you're going to say, "Does it matter?"
Those are awesome. Yes, best movie ever. And two Princess bride quotes. Plus with a spoon, because it will hurt more!ReplyDelete
Great quotes! I'm especially partial to the ones from Sherlock and Dr. Horrible... :)ReplyDelete
Loved all the quotes!ReplyDelete
Love those quotes! *LOL* I'm iffy on live readings. I've been to a few live readings by a few of my favorite authors. Now when I read their books, I hear their voices and it doesn't work for me. It throws me off. Though I love going into class with my son and listening to his teacher read to the class. I'm more enraptured than the kids at times!ReplyDelete
Those quotations are outstanding. He-Man and Skeletor and all their friends ruled our house when Favorite Young Man was six.ReplyDelete
Loved the quotes from Sherlock, and The Incredibles.ReplyDelete
I want to add pretty much everything Hans Gruber said in Die Hard. Particularly: You asked for miracles, I give you the FBI.
These quotes are hilarious!ReplyDelete
A couple of those I can't place. Although, the falling one reminds me of the explanation of how to fly: Throw yourself at the ground really, really hard. And miss. I'm not sure what character said it anymore, but the author was Douglas Adams.ReplyDelete
I think that Skeletor wisdom is pretty spot on.ReplyDelete
I LOVE Skeletor's quote. And I never thought about classic villains that way. I might have to revise my feelings on the subject, and maybe write another story featuring a villain.ReplyDelete
My fav is "I'll get you my pretty! And your little dog, too" it always makes me crack up. And I LOVE everything Doofenschmerz has ever said!ReplyDelete
Some of these lines are quite funny, especially the one about getting caught monologuing. I wonder how we'd all sound if we were caught thinking (or scheming) aloud.ReplyDelete
I love Doofensmirtz!ReplyDelete
And gotta love the Spaceballs reference. Haven't thought of that one in a while but that movie had tons of laughs. I should look it up again.
Why a spoon?ReplyDelete
Because it will hurt more!