|Photo courtesy of Stuck in Alabama2012 via flickr|
"I've always wanted to try my hand at chicken farming," says Bob.
"Really?" his farmer friend asks. "Tell you what, I'll give you 50 chickens to start you out."
A month later Bob reports sadly, "They're all dead."
Attributing this to bad luck, the farmer decides to give Bob another 50 chickens. A month later Bob admits the chickens are all dead, again.
"You must be having some terrible luck," the farmer says. "Tell you what, I'll give you 50 more chickens." --Because no one could fail completely three times in a row. But at the end of the month, the chickens are dead. The farmer scratches his head. "What are you doing wrong?"
Bob shrugs. "I'm either planting them too deep or close together."
H is for Humor.
I'm sorry, there are just way too many stupid or funny things that happen in life. I believe one major key to happiness is being able to laugh--at ourselves, at situations, at things that are just plain funny--and even some things that may not be so funny. What does laughing do?
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases blood flow and oxygen in the blood
- Exercises various muscles (diaphragm, abdominal, respiratory, face, leg and back)
- Decreases stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline
- Quickens immune response cells (ones that fight against tumors)
- Aids in learning--according to a study at John Hopkins University Medical School
- Engages your whole brain, heightening creativity
So eat some cheese and chuckle a little too loudly. --It's for your health.
And believe it or not, it's why I married my husband.
And now for fun... Do you have a favorite blonde or knock-knock joke?