Want to polish your book with a pro?
Crystal offers an intensive one-on-one content edit* with multiple layers that will have you thinking about your characters, setting, and plot in ways you'd never imagined. (1 to 3 rounds of revision, charts which illustrate pacing/arcs, occasional fact checking, and more.)
Because her time is limited, Crystal is very picky about her clients. If you are not ready for this intensive stage of editing, she will tell you and give you pointers to get you there.
Pricing: Every project is unique, and time invested varies based on the manuscript's needs and length. Average price (80,000 word story) $500. To receive a quote, query with a 5 page sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line of "Content Edits: YOUR TITLE, Writer Name". Please include:
1. A blurb or synopsis in the body of the email
2. The length of the work (in words)
3. The genre of the piece (MG, YA, Adult; Historical, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-Fi, Contemporary, etc.)
***Works of erotica, true crime fiction, disturbing violence, open door sex scenes, or LGBT will not be considered***
Some books Crystal has assisted with:
Between Two Fires by Mark Noce
Daemarkin by Rachel Hert
Vengeance and Vermouth by A.A. Chamberlain
The Bone Treaty by T.C. Mckee
*Do you know the stages of editing for fiction?
1. Content Edit: completed once a work has been drafted and rewritten to the writer's capacity. This deals with character arcs, setting, plot arc, pacing, theme, and the overall effectiveness of the story. This is the stage where your story begins to shine.
2. Line Edit: a service which deals with sentence structure for readability, including the use of repetitive words and phrases.
3. Proof Edit: the eradication of typos.
About me: As a published author with over a decade of professional editing experience, I've assisted with numerous works that have won writers their agents, sold manuscripts to publishing houses, placed in competitions, and been accepted for publication in anthologies.