*doing a silly twirly dance* Someone tagged me. ME. =) --And that someone just happens to be the AWESOME Claire Hennessy. (Thank you Claire. I adore you Claire. I'm sending cheese in mass quantities Claire. Um btw, what's your address?)
So what does that mean? I have to extrapolate 10 random facts about myself. Whew! Ten?
1. I LOVE CHEESE!!!! (!!!!!!)
2. Speaking of Random, my son is named Random. Yes, it's partially after his Dad's sense of humor, but it's also partially after my special needs brother Randy who passed away a year before our son was born.
3. I wrote a musical. No, I'm not talking roadshow or stage play. I'm talking 2.5 hrs of PURE MUSIC AWESOMENESS. And one day (when we crack down on our producer) it's going to go somewhere. =)
4. My name is literally Chicken. Or was. C (first initial) + (maiden name) Hicken= C.Hicken.
5. I home school my 3 kids. Like, every day. Like, all day. Yup.
6. I'm a total . No, I'm not kidding. I have 4 living brothers who are all computer geeks, and I laugh at every one of their stupid jokes.
7. I used to believe I was one of Santa's elves. Even had a shirt with a rainbow heart on it I could press and open the gateway to the north pole--you know, like a Star Trek call button. (I said I was a geek.)
8. I love living in tourist towns/vacation sites: Spirit Lake (High Uintah's), West Yellowstone, New York City, Oswego NY (but it was only touristy 1 week of the year), and now KISSIMMEE FLORIDA--with Disney fireworks shaking our back yard every night.
9. I grew up in Utah and have STILL never been skiing. That's like a crime, right?
10. I'm more comfortable on a stage in front of thousands than with one or two people at a time.
1. Susan Kay Quinn--One of the nicest people I have ever met...digitally that is.
2. Wendy Swore--I love Wendy.
3. The Misadventures of Mub--Kim makes me laugh. Always has. Aw Kimmy, if only you didn't live so far away! *sigh*
4. Ali Cross--Because deep down I really want to be a ninja too.
5. Rachel --PERSONALITY+ Everyone needs an outlook on life like this. You inspire me Rachel. =)
Whew! Out of breath!
Okay, your turn. What's one random or quirky fact about you?
The Chicken thing is funny, but I bet it wasn't. . .ReplyDelete
One quirky thing? I can't wear silver and gold on the same hand.
I love your ten facts! The chicken name and believing you're an elf? How can I possibly top that? Thanks for the tag, and this is the second time I've been tagged, so I should really do something about that! (I will. Soon.)ReplyDelete
Random is a great name for a boy! I love it!ReplyDelete
Ha, enjoyed your run-down of things about you, Formerly Miss Chicken. Rah for the musical! Hope it goes places. Congrats on being tagged. :)ReplyDelete
Really cute chicken. Wow! You home school three children? But then you said you were a nerd, so I guess this stuff is like ABC to you.ReplyDelete
great facts -- and I didn't know you were in Florida. I'm discovering many wonderful authors in my backyard (although I'm in Jax)ReplyDelete
@Angelina--lol. That's awesome.ReplyDelete
@Susan--Oh don't tease. I know you've got a whole slew of random awesomeness waiting to be revealed.
@E.R.--Isn't it thought? And HE FITS IT.
@Carol--There is no former. I still respond when someone shouts out "Chicken!"
(It became a cool thing BTW)
@J.L.--...Homeschooling has been a long and often painful learning process. We love it now.
@Jessie--If you ever pop into our neck of the woods you'll have to let me know!
Yay for nerds! LOL.ReplyDelete
In some cases I'm more comfortable in front of a lot of people than a few. There's less to focus on, in a way. :P
C. Hicken? Your parents obviously have an awesome sense of humor. :)ReplyDelete
Random is also a great name. Unique but very cool.
Hello, just letting you know I've passed the versatile blogger award to you, check it out on my blog: http://iqurae.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
Great facts and so cleverly presented. It is hard to choose who to tag, isn't it?ReplyDelete
She's not a real nerd...she just thinks she is.ReplyDelete
Those are fun tidbits and Random is a cool name.ReplyDelete
Save me a seat in the front row! Cheese is yummy. Oh now I must raid my fridge for some sharp chedda.ReplyDelete
Hey Crystal, great read! I'm a nerd too, be proud!ReplyDelete
One quirky fact about me...well I have a terrible fear of moths. They scare the wotsit out of me.
I've given you a versatile blogger award, check it out on my blog! http://offwithefairies.blogspot.com/2011/09/10-things-you-probably-didnt-want-to.html
that last one about being more comfy in front of thousands than a couple of people is bizarre.ReplyDelete
Ahh! I can so relate to #10! I am horribly at parties or singing in church, but put me on stage with thousands in the audience and I'm . . . just fine! Go figure. Glad I'm not the only one!ReplyDelete
And thanks for the tag!
Ooh, I'm tagged! Awesome! Haha, thanks so much :D haha, but this is going to be interesting, having to come up with ten MORE random facts (i had to do seven for a blog award).... well, sounds fun! :DReplyDelete
That's an awesome name.ReplyDelete
I smiled at #7 too.
It's great to get to know you a little better.
Loved this! So true about the crowds -- I'm much more comfortable in front of a TON of people than just two or three.ReplyDelete
I love your 10 facts - esp the Chicken one. Hilarious. I've just noticed that you have been given two Versatile Blog Awards so you are not going to be overly excited that I just gave you the Liebster Blog Award! I tried to check that my Awardees weren't overloaded but looks like I blew it! A thank you for your help and support (sure there is no time limit on passing it on!)
Have a Totally Thrilling Thursday :)
How very sweet that you thought you were one of Santa's Elves! Your parents must have been awesome to encourage that in you.ReplyDelete
P.S. I have a blog award for you over on my site:)
Awesome!!! You totally have to bring Immortal to Toronto when the time comes so I can see it - and meet you, of course!!ReplyDelete
Chicken! That's just great. I love cheese too :-) But you can take the stage any day, I'd rather be in the small group...ReplyDelete
Yay for cheese! :) Those are fantastic random facts. And I'm always in awe and so impressed by people who home-school their kids.ReplyDelete
I love the smell of horse manure--not cow manure, just horse manure!ReplyDelete
I'm now following your blog and looking forward to your posts.
Fellow MG-YA Campaigner
Hehehe you do have a random life. :-DReplyDelete
Strangely, I have recently been approached to rewrite (read: completely overhaul) a musical. Looking forward to it, but the project will start somewhere in November...
Have a great week!
Congrats on all the awards! It's a great list that you've passed it on to, as well.ReplyDelete
One random fact: I was in Kissimmee visiting friends over the weekend, although I live in Gainesville (FL).
Fellow historical fiction campaigner here. It's good to meet you!
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed learning about a person as I did with your post. You're amazing! Love your creativity. Your chicken name is a hoot.ReplyDelete
I'm sorry about your brother.