This will not come as a surprise to some of you, but 8 years ago I wrote a musical about a vampire. For the last 4.5 years we've bouncing between NYC, Upstate NY and Florida in pursuit of this project, including several false starts. If you want to read about that I've blogged it in my blog section (the one on the website).
That's not the secret.
INTRODUCING THE SITE:
Intro: front page--listen to the opening number...except for the vocals. They will be added shortly...relatively speaking.
1. Story: Read the teaser
2. Music: Listen to 6 selections of the 34 songs. People who have experienced the entire musical will tell you what you hear represents only a minor dynamic of the show. It is much more varied, and in the next several months we hope to add MANY more numbers (including updated ones of the current features).
3. Characters: Meet the characters. They have been with us eight years. We love them. You will too.
4. Volunteer: SHARE THE SHOW!!! E-mail a link to everyone! Like it on Facebook. Share it on Facebook. Twitter it! Sign up for a newsletter and receive updates instantly. Donate...if you feel so inclined. In the future there will be more opportunities to get involved. (Contests, event, etc.)
5. Creative Team: Say hello to our AWESOME support group. They totally rock.
6. BLOGS: This is where content will change EVERY WEEK. A general news blog will keep you up to date, and you can get to know our fabulous team through their own words. BEST OF ALL, get the inside scoop from the characters! They've agreed (though some very reluctantly) to share their story with the world, and you could be the first to learn it!
THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED (Where you come in): We are not going to shop the show through conventional means. We don't have money, and we don't know anyone with clout. SO, the only other method at our disposal is a viral approach. We will be promoting the site through contests, youtube videos, and potentially, through an online reality show. If we have enough fans (because we really deserve them, we hope), then we don't need money or clout. We just need you. AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW!